Monday, January 12, 2009

More Eye-Candy Art from Kimberly

It's rare that I find needlepoint designs by other people that I really want badly to stitch - just a few - and I never take classes. However, this lady has really made me want to take a class or two with her, as her work is different - gorgeous! Whimsical yet sophisticated, and different from anything I've done. She doesn't design needlepoint commercially at this time in her life, due to an active family still at home - but is doing some absolutely wonderful cards and jewelry shown on two sites. (links to these are on her brand new blog)

Kimberly Smith is here in Austin, and works at the LNS helping people with their projects and threads, designing, and teaching classes on her wonderful pieces. After receiving her Christmas card, I told her I sat and looked at it and planned what stitches I would use on it if she painted it onto needlepoint canvas - but I didn't succeed there. Oh well.


Anyway - do go look at her blog, which is a brand new endeavor. I intend to look at it along with others I enjoy every morning to start the day with my coffee - and to keep hoping she will put some of these on canvas in the near future. You can find her HERE.
I highly recommend a browse through her studio, ART FIRE, which you can see on the side bar of her blog.

No comments: