Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Squiggee is now Stitching

Be sure, while blog hopping in the next few days, to see Gail Hendrix's latest endeavor. This is a lady, who about a month ago, was still insisting she could do nothing but basketweave with wool, as we did 35 years ago. She is primarily a designer of painted canvases - wonderful painted canvases, as they are stitch painted and otherwise beautifully done. Anyway, in desparation, as she needs stitched models to show, she decided to do her own - with accompanying stitch guides. I bravely (snif) packaged up a stash starter bag for her out of my own. (I think very highly of Gail and her work). It's unbelievable what she has worked out all by herself! Go take a look! This "jeweled" beauty is from her collection of crab frame-weights. As I don't use a frame for stitching (and neither does Gail), I would stuff it with BB's and make a paper weight for my desk.

I think this is a good example of what one can work out with just common sense and good taste - whereas too many classes contribute to confusion and overkill in decorative threads and stitches.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Have a nice Thanksgiving. Judy!

Cyn said...

Hi Judy,

Gail did a great job for someone who kept saying she couldn't! LOL!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow