Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lighthouses and Rugs in Needlepoint!

New projects just beginning with two of my favorite designer/stitchers to watch with my morning coffee - and learn something new in the process. If you don't already watch these two ladies work, go see them.


Jan is just now starting this - still in the planning stage, as she explains in detail not only how she develops the design for needlepoint, but gives the history behind the actual rug - the region of Morocco that produced it, etc. Extremely interesting, as well as beautiful. You can see her at Thread Medley - her blog.






















Then - Anne Stradal is just about to start showing her stitching on this unusual and awfully pretty lighthouse. She also gives the history behind it, which makes lighthouses come alive when I study her blog - and makes them more interesting. As Michaelangelo said, "I am still learning." Go see Anne at The Cape Stitcher.




1 comment:

Cyn said...

Hi Judy,

I also enjoy watching them both stitch!

Though I have to watch/read at night!
:-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow