Saturday, October 03, 2009

Beautiful Bargello: Four "4-way"

Many times it is a matter of colors, thread choices, and arrangement that makes a project come to life as a beautiful decorative home accessory!

Liz Morrow's blog, LIZART, is one of the very very few needlepoint blogs I look at regularly, and this morning, as I was admiring the beauty of the colors and effect of the outlines on this new piece, I realized that it's an extremely simple mitered bargello pattern - quite elementary, and a great one for anyone to begin.

However, the arrangement of the four, in addition to the lovely choices of overdyed threads, etc., makes it one that anybody would enjoy doing.

I was surprised at the simplicity of the design, as Liz is, in my opinion, the best of the Bargello artist/designers these days, having surpassed the Elsa Williams style many of us started with in the 70's - as well as Dorothy Kaestner's Four-Way Bargello, which I found to be fascinating.

Anyway - whether you have or haven't worked Bargello, do go take a look and watch the process as she proceeds. She says she has other color combinations working as well - and I hope this one will be available as a pattern I might try for myself!!

No comments: