Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Crazy for March" the background

The background is finished for March, and I think I'm pleased with the colors - which remind me of early spring when the wild daffodils bloom in the fields. Even the intense blue of the sky seems right - (Soie Cristale by Caron). I have to make these patches a lot simpler than for the regular crazy quilt pieces, as the jewels and flowers are the most important elements for this series, along with the seam treatments. I can get a bit more imaginative with the crazy quilt ornaments not intended for a theme.

I wasn't sure what was on my mind with the light purple patch until I finished the whole thing - but now I see it is like the wisteria that blooms and cascades from every tree and telephone pole this time of year (at least in Tallahassee - not in Austin).

I'll start the embellishments tomorrow, I hope, and then get back to April and it's diamonds and sweet peas.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

I'm so glad you're back working on these. They're great!