Monday, July 06, 2009

Needlepoint Now: A New Issue, a New Look

I received my advance copy of the magazine today (my birthday), and was so excited when I took it out of the envelope, I had to e-mail Elizabeth (the new owner/editor) immediately to tell her how gorgeous and classy the cover is - and then it was off to the 'frig for cheese cake to enjoy while looking inside.

After looking at every page and every ad, I'll have to say it's the best issue I've seen in the two years + I've been writing for it. Even my article was decent, and it usually bores me - she and her editors made it look good!

Of course Liz Morrow's gorgeous bargello was wonderful, as was Rosalyn's "Joy of the Painted Canvas" - and Ann Blalock is back with her wit and humor to make us laugh at ourselves.

I will say that if you have let your subscription lapse or haven't bought Needlepoint Now in a while - do take another look. I'm excited about this and future issues, and will try harder, also, to make my contribution more interesting.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday!! Too both of us. I read your blog all the time. I love your bugs. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I won't sing, as my kids say pleassssse don't. Enjoy your day. Kate

Cyn said...

Hi Judy,

Love to see the pictures but now I want mine! And it usually takes a while to get here to Windy Meadow. Sigh... I'll be waiting patiently.

And your articles are not boring! I enjoy reading them. :-)

Happy Birthday!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

NCPat said...

Happy Birthday! And, what a great present to have received! Cheesecake to read it by....priceless!! LOL