Next I put stems with two ply of Soy Lustre (by The Pure Pallette) in simple stem stitch. Leaves were next, using the River Silks 7mm ribbon - but only in one area, as I want to build it a bit in layers. Before calling a halt to stitching for the weekend, I did go ahead and place one Calendula, after looking at many many images on the internet. 4mm River Silks ribbon was used for this, and 1 ply of soy lustre for the center French knots - with only two wraps. The little touch of green in the center brightened it a bit. Tomorrow I will continue the flowers and make some yellow ones! Last, of course, will be the beads - which is always the finishing touch.
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Progress Toward "October"
I have worked on "October" and "November" simultaneously this weekend. so am a bit too tired (brain wires short circuited) to make wise and wonderful or inspirational and motivational comments on the subject. The first picture is showing the background stitching finished, and the seam treatments in place - which are simple so as not to "fight" with the flowers.