This could be titled "an exercise in French Knots" - or "futility." I remember a needlepoint shop owner about 25 years ago chortling in glee over the fact that I cannot make nice French Knots - and if I achieve one, it usually falls out. I have studied and examined the best - watched fine tutorials, and taken advice from experts - but it just doesn't happen. Anyway - it seemed to me that French Knots were the thing for embellishing this piece, as I didn' want to use a lot of petaled silk ribbon flowers, due to the sophistication of Sharon B.'s color choices. My goal with this was to do the surface embroidery without losing the character of the work, but making it interesting and pretty. The little pink/orange flowers were added at the end, (Thread Gatherer silk ribbon overdyed) as it really really needed that bit of color to jazz it up. I never pre-plan the embroidery part of these pieces in needlepoint, as I have learned from experience that it doesn't work anyway - so I just start out by taking a deep breath, threading my needle, and getting started somewhere with a vague idea of what I want - and the rest just happens. It's kind of like painting free form, as I can add and subtract as needed - and one area done seems to suggest the next. Lots of fun and very creative - but kind of scary at times, as I'm never sure how it will turn out. I may take this out of the box in a few days, and decide it needs a little something else. Anyway, I really enjoyed this challenge, and look forward to the next one. When Inge returns from Sweden next month, I will send this off to Dallas to her to have it made into a zippered moire' jewel case as a very special gift for a good friend who keeps me inspired and encouraged and motivated.