This thing was hiding in a box, and was in the category of a serious UFO - or even an abandoned object. It dates back about ten years to the time I was investigating effects with beads and silk ribbon - but I got off on another track and forgot about it. It is just a simple ornament shape I drew, determined to make it sparkle and shine for Christmas without a lot of effort - I decided yesterday that I am in bad need of some serious practice with the SRE, so worked on it a bit.
I still need a lot of practice, but it's getting better - I stuck to the 4mm ribbon that is a bit easier than the 7mm, especially for this small space. The beads, of course, on the white background, were added last - the Sundance #250 hex for glitter. I used Kreinik metallic ribbon - 1/16" for the gold, as it's great for upright stitches and lies nice and flat.