Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crazy Quilt Progress!

I've been working hard on this! At this point, it usually has a mind of it's own - and I just do what it seems to call for in the way of colors and stitches. First the seams have to be covered - both to hide the jagged edges of the stitching, as in the real crazy quilts (they have this problem too.) Colors are important, but in this case I am planning a "splash" of color in the flowers and leaves, so don't want the little design overwhelmed - it's only 5 1/2" in diameter. .


I'm not sure I like the little bit of buttonhole stitch at the top, but it's a short seam, and after making the planned leafy vine, it won't show up much - not worth taking out and re-doing. The leaves on the vine on the curved seam were made with overdyed ribbon - 7mm (from Thread Gatherer). I'm not sure what will happen next - but am looking at ribbons and colors from River Silks - and liking it so far. The 2mm ribbon on spools is from ThreadArts of Houston, and is great for little clusters of French knots. We'll just see what develops - I never know at this point.










2 comments:

Nina said...

Hi there ~ I've been away from your blog, and everything else, so please indulge me while I back track. I just really like those mini stockings and can't wait to see them progress. Those are more my style. I love the crisp clean lines. The colours seem Scandinavian inspired and that really appeals to me.

NCPat said...

Wow! You really have been busy! This is looking good!