Friday, June 18, 2010

Classic and Gorgeous Crochet and Cross-Stitch Patterns!

I enjoy lots of other forms of the needlearts, in addition to needlepoint. Crochet has been a great love of mine since I was a child, as long as it's the classic and traditional type patterns.

I have a blog post over on Freebies, etc. about a beautiful site with FREE patterns - crochet both traditional (with new twists and uses) and whimsical.

Also counted cross stitch patterns that I might even do although I don't usually enjoy that. This woman's photos are gorgeous.


I have collected Fillet Lace (crocheted) patterns for many years, just because they fascinate me - and I love adapting them to needlepoint.

A rug is shown that is exquisite, and I would never have thought of using it that way!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Have you come across any of the Mary Card Crochet books? They came out during the war, and just before, I think, and I know my Grandmama used some of them. I've yet to get my fingers around crochet...

Possibilities, Etc. said...

No, Rachel, I haven't - but will now go in search. I really like the old, classic and traditional patterns. It's not easy to find them these days. I collect Pineapple patterns and filet lace.