Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Angels Painted

At best, stitching is slow - so I decided today to paint two of them that I'll be stitching myself so I could see how my chosen colors will look. Also to see if they'll work, as they are fairly bright and unusual for this sort of thing.

This first one actually looks better in the almost-finished-stitiching version, as the flowers on the headband and neckline give it so much life.

The second one is rather unusual, but I'm pleased with her - except that I had to paint the headband and neckline and earrings in gold because my new silver paint pen still hasn't arrived. I can retouch when it gets here.

I like the bright look of this, and decided after painting the yellow skirt that it needed that touch of burgundy. I have begun to work this one, and have used cotton floss with blending filament for the calla lilies.

The turquoise background of the apron won't be quite as bright when it's stitched, due to the light breakup of the stitches. Surprisingly, I do like the yellow skirt!! It works well with the lilies.

4 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

These are so unique Judy. I like both of them but favor the colors of calla lily angel. Lovely.

Rachel said...

They are delightful, and it's good to see the ideas progressing!

Cool City Stitcher said...

Judy, I'm so glad you're doing this series! It would be difficult to choose a favorite, they're all beautiful!

Jan said...

These are wonderful Judy! I like the one you're working on right now, but love the calla lilies even better. Looking forward to each new post on these.