Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More Color on the Dress!

This little canvas is going rather fast, to my surprise. However, I think stitching it on the unpainted canvas helps me stay focused, as it's interesting to watch it come alive with the color.

I should be able to easily finish the apron tomorrow, but am waiting for the skirt thread to arrive by mail. I wanted to show a bit of the calla lily angel tonight, but the white lily I've stitched doesn't show up well enough with no background behind it. Maybe tomorrow.

Meanwhile, check out The Cape Stitcher, as she has made some wonderful progress on the December Guardian Angel!

4 comments:

Cool City Stitcher said...

You've made a lot of progress in a short time. She's beautiful!

Rachel said...

It's also easier to keep track of your progress when the canvas is unpainted, so it's more encouraging when the stitched area grows

Jan said...

Love the hands! The dress is coming very well. Can't wait to see the next development.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Love these colors, they're perfect together.